Livestock SA has a vision for a strong, viable, productive and profitable livestock production sector in South Australia which is valued by the community and all levels of government.
Livestock SA Initiatives
Livestock SA provides advocacy and industry assistance in conjunction with other state and national bodies, all with the focus to provide help and support to those in the livestock industries.
- fairfaxmedia.au1.qualtrics.com Have you completed the Meat & Livestock Australia and Australian Wool Innovation wool and sheepmeat survey yet? The results from this confidential survey continue to accurately represent production trends since 2010 and provide a strong foundation for MLA and AWI’s industry forecasting and market information analysis. Make sure you complete ...
- SafeWork SA Have you booked your spot in these free work health and safety workshops that are being held across SA? Head to the link below to find out more!
We are working with Grain Producers SA and Livestock SA to improve farm safety. Free work health and safety workshops are on ...
- These Animals Live Better Lives Than You Do Lamb and beef prices reached record rates in Australia recently - but they haven't quite yet reached the highs of the livestock featured in this story! An interesting look at Matsuzaka beef, Sisteron lamb and other brands thanks to Bloomberg. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-17/how-the-world-s-best-beef-lamb-pork-chicken-sea-urchin-is-raised
Virginal cows and chickens that are left to play ...
- Photos from Livestock SA's post It's been a busy week for Livestock SA Chief Executive Officer Andrew Curtis, President Geoff Power and Northern Region Chairman Col Greenfield who caught up with pastoral producers earlier this week to discuss the SA Beef Blueprint at Mungerannie Hotel / Road House
Livestock SA added 2 new photos.
- Truck drivers gain an extra hour Good news for livestock transporters with the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator to allow for more flexible driving hours to improve animal welfare. Earlier this month a new notice allowed drivers an extra hours driving time in QLD, SA, NSW, Tas, Vic and the ACT. Story via the Chinchilla News. http://bit.ly/2l7B5d3
- TAFE SA Wonderful to see such a bright young group of WoolTAG recipients fly off to NZ. We wish you all the best for your training and competing in the Golden Shears!
A select group of TAFE SA Shearing lecturers and students have been representing as show competitors and ambassadors, touring around ...
- George the Farmer Speaking of good wool prices - how's this for a huge fleece of wool? It's estimated that this sheep from Keith in the state's South East is four years old & had never been shorn - which meant its fleece weighed about 30kg! Great photos and post from George the ...